Unfortunately, the only adventures I've been having this weekend have been riding the rollercoaster of a fever which I came down with at 4 AM on Saturday morning. Case of the serious blahs - fever, aches, chills, and an awesome cough to boot. I don't think I have a cold because I'm having no sinus issues, and though it doesn't seem all that serious, it hasn't gotten any better yet. I hope that I wake up tomorrow morning feeling better!
Well, I guess my previous statement about no adventures is somewhat of a lie: I managed to scrape myself out of bed to have lunch with my language partner, Chloe, and her language partner on Saturday. I wasn't feeling all that hungry, so I had onion soup and escargot (my first escargot since I've been here - they were so yummy). I think that the French boys thought I was either anorexic or just a really eccentric eater. The lunch was really nice overall - Chloe had beef fondue (the kind where you get pieces of raw meat to fry in the pot of boiling oil, then you dip it in a variety of dipping sauces. Quite a process).
I have had the biggest, weirdest hankering for McDonalds soft serve - I've had 2 cones in the last 2 days. Soup and soft serve and escargot. Maybe I am an eccentric eater...
I've also managed to write most of my URP grant proposal for my honors thesis so that I can get paid to stay at Stanford over the summer and do research if the Gap internship doesn't work out. I still have my fingers crossed about the Gap (should hear any day now), but this doesn't seem like a bad option either. I'll send the grant proposal draft to my thesis advisor tomorrow - hopefully it makes sense.
Midterm in my art history class this week, final exposé in my French class next week, Berlin that weekend, final exam in my WWII class, final art history paper (2-4 pages, no big deal), then I'm done with the quarter! Hard to believe. I'm trying to make a list of all the things I want to do with my parents, but so far, it's composed of going to my favorite restaurants and cafes and park-hopping. I hope they're hungry!
Off to finish this grant proposal, then maybe I'll download another episode of Project Runway... guilty pleasure, not so guilty when you're sick!
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire