After reading Life of Pi, the stuffed fox in my room has taken on somewhat of a new character - he's a lot friendlier looking, especially in comparison to the 450-pound tiger lurking in my imagination. Devouring a book will do that to you. I started it Sunday and finished it this evening - haven't done that in forever. It felt awesome. It's amazing how school can ruin reading, even reading for pleasure. I bought Life of Pi at a used bookstore called San Francisco Books, then bought Lonesome Dove at Berkeley Books across the street (my next read - the bookstore owner laughed a lot when I bought it, and I assume my parents will too. I guess they turned the book into a cheesy Western TV series? I don't care as long as it's exciting). For future reference, I recommend Berkeley Books, right next to the Odéon metro stop on rue Monsieur le Prince - it's better organized and the owner is really chill. He's actually from Berkeley, if that's any illumination.
This evening I had a first round interview for an internship at the Gap that I'm dying to get, and as a result, I wasted away the entire day either trying to prepare for the interview (obsessing over questions like, what is my greatest weakness? where do I see myself in 10 years? do I have any questions for them? aaugh) or coming up with ways not to think about the interview (i.e., reading Life of Pi and trying to find cheap travel to various destinations around Europe. Sara wants to go to Amsterdam.) The interview went really well though - keep your fingers crossed for me.
On the docket for tomorrow: Paris En Couleur exhibit at the Hotel de Ville, or perhaps an nice long cafe visit, with Conan, and in the evening, an alumni meet and greet complete with champagne and a Galette de Roi - a delicious almondy cake only made around this time of year. Thursday I'll be going to the theater with my language partner... should be interesting, to say the least.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
1 commentaire:
do you realize how "kelly peterson" it would be to work at the gap in paris? that is ridiculous.
Enregistrer un commentaire